Monday, January 24, 2011

New Year Resolutions 2011



As 2010 just ended, it is time to make resolutions for this year, 2011.  People tend to make many resolutions, among which these are the most common:

1.       Improve one’s health and enjoy life more2.       Spend more time with family and friends
3.       Quit smoking , drinking and eating junk food
4.       Get a better job and improve finance
5.       Improve oneself: be more organized with better time management, be more independent
6.       Take a trip
7.       Improve one’s education and learn something new
8.       Help others by volunteering

According to the statistics, only about 20% of people who are really serious with these resolutions and will plan, act and achieve some of these.  The majority people are either too busy or even forgetful what they have determined to achieve.  Therefore, I will only pick a few to work on.

Improving one’s Health
This is always on top of my list.  I have to exercise more in order to get healthier, especially in the winter that makes most outdoor sports hard to do, except skiing.  Even though I am not a good skier, I can go swimming two times a week early morning before I go for work.  Winter will make some people feel miserable and even depressed.  Therefore, I have to motivate myself by exercising more.  In summer and autumn, I can resume my outdoor sports, including hiking, cycling and doing Tai-chi with my friends in the park.

Spending more time with My Family
I and my family left our home country four years ago and family life is by far the key motivator that keeps us live happier in Canada.  I need to spend much more time with my younger son who is now in grade 10 and needs much help to deal with his adolescent issues.  Even though he is not a very sharp student in his studies, he has put much more effort and shown improvement.  I wish he could make his own resolution to improve his study.

Learning Something New
It is my belief that life is a continuous learning process and I always think of picking up some French, one of the official languages in Canada.  I know it is not going to be easy and I need do much research to look for FSL (French as Second Language) classes.  It will be much more fun to travel to Montreal or Quebec if I could master some basic expressions like:
How are you?    (Comment Ta Le Vous)                  Thank you           (Merci)
How much?       (Combien)                                     Too expensive  (Trop cher)
I understand any plan will not work without tactics and a time line, so this is what I need to start thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment